Baby Teith uses organic cotton that is produced in the USA and certified organic cotton by Global Organic Textile Standards (GOTS) in most of our garments. Look for "Organic Cotton" in the description the item!
Some of the benefits of organic cotton are:
- Manual farming and organic practices have a lower carbon footprint as the entire process consumes less fuel and energy and emits fewer greenhouse gases.
- Not from genetically modified cottonseed.
- Grown with natural rather than synthetic pesticides and fertilizers, no chemical defoliants used.
- Eco-friendly processing that does not compromise workers' health and helps reduce water and electric use and toxic runoff, e.g. non-chlorine bleach, silicon-free softeners and low impact, azo-free dyes.
- Strict testing ensures the absence of contaminants like nickel, lead, formaldehyde, amines, pesticides and heavy metals.
- People with allergies and chemical sensitivity especially benefit from organic cotton clothing, as conventional cotton may retain harmful toxic residues. Even if you don't have sensitive skin, organic cotton will just feel better against your skin.
Digital Printing with eco-friendly inks.
We use digital printers to print patterns onto organic cotton. Digital textile printers are large-format inkjet printers specially modified to run fabric. Unlike conventional textile manufacturing, digital printing entails very little waste of fabric, ink, water or electricity. Our fabrics are printed using eco-friendly, water-based inks on organic cotton. No additional chemicals are used in the printing or preparation process.