Ditch the costly babysitter, over-priced dinner reservations, long nightclub lines and crowds. Stay in with the kids, invite family friends, and have an epic New Years Eve party. Here's some ideas on how to do it!
1. Dress up + Photos
What a fun night to get dressed up! Even if you stay at home, New Years Eve is a great time to wear your favorite fancy stuff. Take advantage of the occasion and take lots and lots of photos!
- Baby Teith New Years Lookbook shot by Karla Jean Davis
- DIY Pipe Cleaner Crowns
- DIY Disco Ball Headband
- DIY New Years Resolution Party Hats
- DIY Discoball Pom Pom Shoes
- Our Pinterest Board: New Years Family Party Looks
- Our Pinterest Board: New Years Photo Ideas
2. The New Years Playlist
We've got your party tunes covered. DJ and mama Daisy O'Dell is putting together a rockin' New Year's playlist for us. Check our blog next week for the link!
3. New Years Party Activities
No party is complete without fun party games. Here's a few of our faves for the fam:
- New Years Countdown Chain
- New Years Eve Countdown Bags
- Dot Painting New Year’s Activity for Kids
- Our Pinterest Board: New Years Family Party Games
4. Reflection and Resolutions
New Years Eve is a great time to reflect as a family on all the special milestones and memories that took place throughout the year.
5. New Years Party Food
6. The Countdown
7. Grown-up time after the kids pass out
Ahhh yes. After all that fun with the kids, now its time to spend some quality time with the grown ups or simply just your significant other. What a great way to ring in the new year!
What you are doing New Years Eve? Do you have family traditions or do you have a night out as a couple? What ever you plan to do this New Years Eve, we wish you all a Happy New Year!